Good weather, warm sea, not crowded beaches - all this almost never together converge on the Baltic coast. And in the middle of autumn, and even more so. In such a case should be a contingency plan treading the vast Baltic coast. Polish three-city-with-already a time-one-agglomeration (Trójmiasto ie "Tri-City") can provide just such an opportunity.
01. All tourist roads lead to painstakingly restored and historically not very authentic Old Town.
02. At about the history of post-war reconstruction is a very important point: the restorers did not restore hair's breadth before the war option, as in Warsaw. The basis was taken conditional largely fantastic Gdansk XVIII century, rather than the pre-war German Gdansk.
04. Well taken ... Rather, it was creatively reinterpreted in the spirit of the time. For the earlier versions of the city little remains. Restorers, based on separate architectural monuments of that time, a stylized them rest granted.
05. The original approach has stood the test of time. After all options have been completely demolished the remnants of historic buildings: "In place of the Gdańsk old town with its narrow streets, we will build a modern residential area with wide avenues, sunlit gardens and parks located along the picturesque canals» © Henryk Tetzlaff.
06. "Modern area and wide avenues," today the tourist traffic is not exchanged. Unlike spire and narrow streets, creating the desired atmosphere.
07. So do not get fooled by the style in all this nonsense "what a cute restored German Danzig".
08. Pre-war Danzig with its fairly dense urban areas.
09. And the modern version, where the large green courtyards are clearly visible.
10. The first tourists, who celebrated in the city and who knows how to write travel notes, was Bishop Adalberg Prague in 997. With this reference and begins the age of the city (but not exactly).
11. Over the next millennium the city was renamed several times from the Polish Gdansk Danzig in German and vice versa. While he did not get a compromise the status of "free city" after the First World War.
12. Oh, the Treaty of Versailles. Just over one massacre, as immediately laid the foundation for the next. Danzig, though had some bonuses (their legislation and currency), but remained essentially German. In close proximity with Poland.
13. The fact that it is not no good end, it was clear to many. For example, the writer HG Wells in his book "Things to Come" suggested that it was a matter of having Danzig roll the next world conflict.
14. And in the autumn of 1939 bomb worked. Ushering in the Second World War. But about these events better than at other times, for different artifacts of this topic were strictly about me @ bans.
15. However few archival photographs in post-war still leave. Port crane are one of the most recognizable symbols of the city. It's hard to believe looking at a modest post-war remnants.
16. Laika, the idea to combine the city gate and lift mechanism.
17. "And of course, it goes without saying that the market was burned wood burning, and Coal Market burned down, and Senna was burned too. And on the street Grain bread remained in the furnace, and escaped Breast milk, and only building Zapadnoprusskogo insurance company "Insurance against fire" purely symbolic fire did not wish for the reasons. » © Günter Grass
18. Now the embankment restored and nyashnye.
19. But not all. Many of the photographs featured only one strand of the old city. Otgadka here is simple: on the opposite bank of the construction in full swing.
20. Island warehouses suffered so much that he even did not dare to restore it.
21. Modern designs of new square meters of the glorious tradition of supporting restorers Styling appearance.
22. Even though, without trying to imitate the ancient city, but also very cute.
23. There are examples of agrotresha.
24. Intact pieces of Gdansk, the sample 1945 can be found not far from the tourist center.
25. At a special wish, you can even post naschelkat like "Shock! Real Poland - devastation and hopelessness. "
26. The medieval spirit is possible in the process of restoration and weathered. However srednestaticheskogo tourists (whom to include myself) it obviously do not care. Scenery because excellent!
27. Pribuhnut surrounded by such teksturok also delivers.
28. Especially when the price tags very loyal to the purse.
29. As with any European city, in Gdansk there are epic Gothic cathedral with a survey platform, and crowded pedestrian street, and keep the old station.
30. However, the Basilica of the Virgin Mary is so monstrous, that did not want to get into the camera lens. Observation deck was closed. A busy street was too crowded.
31. The tactical retreat and led us to one of the most luxurious corners - St. Mary's Street.
32. The most amber (and concurrently the most kawaii) Gdansk Street abounds with numerous details and sellers of jewelry and amber trinkets.
33. Even downspouts decorated kreativnenko. Though do not go straight to livnevki.
34. But enough souvenir shops and other places.
35. But the most popular street begins UNV there, Green Gate (now the branch of the National Museum here). True, these gates never green, but that I find fault ...
36. Embankment Motława River is an example of "good manager": large, equipped with rovnenko tiles and a pack of seats for the weary traveler.
37. And almost everywhere available free municipal Wi-Fi. Using it you can see that from the pedestrian bridge has its own schedule. And wait for the transition to the other side will have half an hour.
38. Place for a half-hour of rest in this case will not be superfluous.
39. laze on the shore is not required. You can even round up to the Philharmonic. Such is the slight hint of forced acculturation.
40. The cabin of the bridge operator (because it is so called?), I guess, was removed from what some of the old Galactic Empire walker AT-AT.
41. Shuttle personnel to and boats Pleasure boats are not useless. It is possible to drive on Westerplatte (Garrison Polish place, with which the fire started Second World), or beach resort Sopot Hel.
42. gotovs assault bridge!
43. And the border of the old city. They are already beginning to appear sickly wasteland.
44. On the horizon appears port crane and small apartment buildings, to restore that already are unlikely.
45. The two coolest museum: Museum of World War II and the "Solidarity" movement has built a museum without any regard for the Hanseatic past.
46. The museum dedicated to World War II, as it turned out, closed on Mondays :(
47. But on the coolest museums and the importance of the shipyard workers in the country's life the next time;)